The Gator Fund is a vital component of SPSG’s operating budget. As with most independent schools, tuition only covers 85% of the cost of an SPSG education. Philanthropy, particularly The Gator Fund, bridges the gap between what tuition covers and the remaining cost of an SPSG education.
Each year, SPSG relies on the generosity of alumnae, parents, trustees, grandparents, faculty, and friends of the school to support The Gator Fund. Your charitable contributions allow SPSG to:
- Attract and retain the best faculty with competitive compensation, benefits, and professional development opportunities
- Provide students with the most up-to-date technology
- Strengthen extracurricular programs, including athletics and the arts
- Offer exceptional educational experiences, including field trips and study-abroad programs
- Maintain and improve campus facilities
The Gator Fund provides key programmatic financial support, including financing new classroom supplies, new computers, sporting events and cultural events. Specifically, The Gator Fund has helped equip classrooms and labs with innovative technology to enhance student/teacher interaction; funded graduate study for teachers; bolstered community service and outreach programs; and brought artists-in-residence to SPSG to inspire students.
In recent years, families of all income levels have been impacted by the economy, resulting in an increased need for financial aid. The Gator Fund also provides critical funding for financial aid, which helps to keep tuition increases at a minimum and allows SPSG to stay true to our mission by retaining and attracting a diverse, high-performing student body.