2012-2017 Strategic Plan
Approved in November 2011, the five-year Strategic Plan reflects the Board of Trustees’ commitment to the St. Paul's School for Girls’ mission and values and provides a long-range vision for our School.
The Board of Trustees is excited to share St. Paul’s School for Girls’ Strategic Plan for 2012-2017 and expresses its appreciation to everyone in the school community who assisted in the process through participation in interviews, surveys, retreats and meetings beginning in the summer of 2010. The Strategic Plan reflects the Board’s commitment to SPSG’s mission and values and provides a vision for our School’s next fifty years.
The Board of Trustees affirms SPSG’s mission:
St. Paul's School for Girls educates hearts and minds in an inclusive community that is grounded in the Episcopal values of respect, integrity, and spiritual growth. We empower voice, nurture intellectual curiosity and creativity, and inspire confident leaders who serve in the world.
The Board of Trustees believes in the value of an
St. Paul’s School for Girls prepares young women to embrace the challenges of the global community by instilling confidence, fostering independence and developing superior communication and leadership skills through a rigorous and relevant educational program rooted in Episcopal values.
The Board of Trustees supports the vision for SPSG:
- St. Paul’s School for Girls is a national leader in education for girls.
- Every student thrives academically, emotionally, spiritually and socially.
- We have highly effective and well- supported faculty.
- All Upper School students have a national or international experience.
- We have more qualified applicants than we can enroll.
- Faculty and students publish and present best practices on local and national stages.
- We have local, national and international engagement and recognition for students and faculty in the areas of leadership, academics, global issues, service to others, technology and innovation.
- We continue to appreciate and expand diversity in our community.
- We have a world class campus and facilities that are continuously improving.
- We have highly engaged and supportive alumnae, parents, grandparents and friends.
- We never compromise our core values, which constitute the strength of our culture.
To fulfill SPSG’s mission and vision, the Board of Trustees has established four strategic imperatives in the Strategic Plan:
- Ensure that the core academic program provides all girls with the essential knowledge and skills required for leadership in a global community.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing program that promotes the value and vision of SPSG.
- Ensure the school’s financial sustainability through disciplined fiscal policy.
- Maximize the effectiveness and impact of SPSG’s relationship with St. Paul’s School.
Ensure that the core academic program provides all girls with the essential knowledge and skills required for leadership in a global community.
Our girls are part of a dynamic, technology-rich and globally-engaged world. They deserve an outstanding educational program that embodies the values of our school and the content, pedagogy and application of the essential knowledge and skills that they need to be prepared to lead in a global community.
Develop a comprehensive marketing program that promotes the value and vision of St. Paul’s School for Girls.
The long-term success of SPSG will depend upon the school's ability to build a strong and growing community of families with shared values and goals. An intentional, effective and all-inclusive marketing program will enable SPSG to define and communicate its uniqueness and competitive advantage to all constituents, establish an authentic and compelling value proposition, and lead to an increased market share in a competitive and challenging environment thereby assuring optimal enrollment.
Ensure the school's financial sustainability through disciplined fiscal policy.
Our goal is to ensure SPSG’s future financial sustainability by adhering to our disciplined fiscal policy, exploiting operating efficiencies, expanding auxiliary revenue opportunities and achieving increased donor participation and giving. These efforts will allow SPSG to continue to invest resources in our school, which will further advance our program and facilities into the future.
Maximize the effectiveness and impact of St. Paul's Plus and St. Paul's School for Girls' relationship with St. Paul's School.
St. Paul’s School for Girls, St. Paul’s Plus and St. Paul’s School (“The St. Paul’s Schools”) form a unique educational opportunity for families in the greater Baltimore area. Girls are able to share experiences, projects, programs, and some classes with boys. SPSG students have the "best of both worlds," single-sex educations where girls learn the way girls learn best, along with numerous opportunities for interaction with male students "up the hill."
SPSG must continue to explore ways with St. Paul’s School to leverage this partnership to the advantage of both institutions and to evaluate the impact of SPSG’s relationship with St. Paul’s School. SPSG will consider a broad range of areas for coordination including academic program, The Ward Center, marketing, facilities and operations.
Click here to learn more about the Strategic Imperatives.