Framed by two-story windows, the Crane Library is a cheery place that attracts students. It is the academic center of the classroom wing.
- Over 13,000 items, including current children’s and teen bestsellers, audio books, graphic novels, magazines for all ages, research databases, a faculty collection, and an extensive literary criticism collection
- Wireless access and a laptop cart with 20 laptops for use in the library
- Study carrels and two group study rooms
- Comfortable chairs for leisure reading and homework
- Books and A/V materials: Items can be checked out for three weeks. Books can be renewed twice unless there’s strong demand for that particular title or subject matter.
- Reference books: These books are for in-library use only.
- Magazines: Magazines can be checked out for one week.
- Technology: Students may borrow portable battery chargers, cameras, Mac dongles and tripods; just ask the librarian. A copy machine is available for student use.
- Please renew or return library materials on time so that others can use them too. Lost materials or those damaged beyond reasonable wear will be billed at the replacement cost of the item.
The library is your space for relaxation and learning. Students using the library in groups should speak quietly so others may study. Food and drink (other than water) are not permitted in the library. Please straighten up after yourself when you leave.
The librarian is available and happy to assist you, whether you are working on an assignment, need to place a hold on an item, or would like help finding something good to read. Just ask!